Updated: Oct 27 16
Created: Mar 02 16
Makes 35 - 40
Preheat oven to 350ºF [180ºC].
- 4 eggs *or 3/4 cup [185 ml] liquid egg substitute
- 2 tsp [10 ml] vanilla
- 2/3 cup [165 ml] sugar *any kind
- 2/3 cup [165 ml] honey *or maple syrup/agave/rice syrup
- 1 cup [250 ml] softened shortening *or combo of coconut oil + butter
- 1½ cup [375g] semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line mini tart pans with paper cups.
- In bowl beat all liquids.
- Whisk in Brownie Mix and chocolate chips.
- Spoon into mini cups.Bake 18 - 22 minutes on centre oven rack. Don't over-bake.
To store in freezer:
Bake, cool, wrap well. Store in freezer up to 3 months.
Good to know:
Make a double-batch. These freeze well. These are even better the day after baking!
Variety is Fun: add chopped nuts, raw cacao nibs or coconut.
Egg-free/Dairy-free baking: See our Substitutions for Allergies & Sensitivities page.