Updated: Oct 27 16
Created: Mar 02 16
makes 9x13” pan
- 3 cups [750 ml] Pastry Perfection mix
- ¾ cup [185 ml] sugar *any kind
- ½ tsp [2 ml] salt (optional)
- 1½ cup [375 ml] Butter *or margarine/Coconut oil/Lard
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 7½ cups [1.8 L] sliced apples
- 1/3 [85 ml] cup sugar *any kind
- ¾ cup [185 ml] maple syrup *or honey/agave/rice syrup
- 1/3 cup [85 ml] Pastry Perfection mix
- 1 Tbsp [15 ml] cinnamon
- Combine Crust ingredients and press half of mixture into pan.
- Combine Filling ingredients well; spread on top of base.
- Top with remaining Crust mixture.
- Bake at 350ºF for 40 minutes. Test apples with fork - bake longer if desired.
To store in freezer: Cool well. Then cut, wrap well and freeze up to 3 months.
Make a double-batch - so you have some to freeze. These are even better the day after baking!
Variety is Fun: add chopped nuts or raisins. How about a pinch of nutmeg?
Egg-free/Dairy-free baking: See our Substitutions for Allergies & Sensitivities page.
The Mix Company's Customers say . . .
Updated: Oct 25 16
Created: Oct 25 16
My grandkids just made their lunches for a week, using The Mix Company's mixes. They are so proud! Favorites are your Banana Bread, Muffins, and lots of Bagels & Soups for their thermos. Thanks for healthy happy tummies The Mix Company!
Gramma Lu . Red Deer, AB